GP harness question

soggybottom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was putting new ends on the glow plug harness and decided to test the continuity of the harness. Disconnected all the connectors. Between the bullet connectors and the z bar terminal on the relay I had good continuity.

I then decided to check between the bullet connectors and ground and found that they all had some continuity to ground. I then checked between the z bar terminal and ground and had continuity there as well.

I found out that if I removed the green wire from the z bar terminal, that I would have no continuity between the bullet connectors and ground.

What gives? Is this normal? I figured there should be no continuity between the bullet connectors and ground.

Thanks

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe someone was doing some testing like this in another thread, and we came to the conclusion the meter was reading though the circuit board of the controller. It has a wire on the z bar where it samples the voltage on the z bar, and that's what it uses to make the decisions of how long to cycle them. Apparently a sensitive meter will read backwards up through this circuit.