GP Controllers

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what's everyone running for Solid state controllers? Ford the only way to go or could I get away with one of the aftermarket ones that aren't so pricey? I've got a new set of Beru's to put in and need to know if I should order a factory controller or not? Even at my cost the OE is still more expensive than most if not all aftermarkets.

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to put a manual override on, but I'm putting a controller on for the sake of my wife being able to drive it if need be.

MR.T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Using a NAPA replacement on mine. Quality appears good, no plug failures since installing a few years ago.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to put a manual override on, but I'm putting a controller on for the sake of my wife being able to drive it if need be.

I don't think we give them enough credit sometimes. I think they can handle "hold the button down and count to 8, crank it for a little bit, hold it down and count to 8 again, crank it again."

Come to think of it, this might be a good theft deterrent if the truck is sitting outside at night and hadn't been started in awhile. How many thieves would know about the button?

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
I don't think we give them enough credit sometimes. I think they can handle "hold the button down and count to 8, crank it for a little bit, hold it down and count to 8 again, crank it again."

Come to think of it, this might be a good theft deterrent if the truck is sitting outside at night and hadn't been started in awhile. How many thieves would know about the button?

then after 10 min of laughing your ass off trying to watch them steal your truck with no GP then you call the cops :D

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
then after 10 min of laughing your ass off trying to watch them steal your truck with no GP then you call the cops :D

How many people really want to steal a 20+ year old truck ;Really
Heck, mine ain't worth the diesel fuel sitting in the tanks ... and it's in amazing condition :rolleyes:

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Using a NAPA replacement on mine. Quality appears good, no plug failures since installing a few years ago.

Thats good to hear, NAPA was one of the controllers I was considering. Also was considering the Borg Warner sold at Oreilly's (has a lifetime guarentee).

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
How many people really want to steal a 20+ year old truck ;Really
Heck, mine ain't worth the diesel fuel sitting in the tanks ... and it's in amazing condition :rolleyes:

Ask Knuckledragger about stealing his rig last year... He knows..... Luckly the fools couldn't get it to start severl months later so they abandoned it on the road..... He got it back with some minor ignition damage and mt fuel tanks....

MR.T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would the price difference be from the OE Ford controller vs the Nappa unit???
Might be similar, I didn't price shop. Nothing against the Ford dealers. The local one closed in our town, wish they were still here (and I bought plenty from them). We all pick suppliers for different reasons -- For me the local NAPA is close, get a discount, support the local economy, etc. so I use them when there isn't a specific reason to get a part somewhere else.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online