Got T-boned by a BONEHEAD.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
This just ****** me off:mad: . Minding my own business & alongs comes this a-hole who slams me as I'm turning into the fuel station for a can of *****. The paint & bodywork were completed two months ago. Did alot of it myself with the help of a great friend (who owns a bodyshop). Trashed!!!!As if that's not bad enough, the insurance company wants to total the truck. Can you guys believe they say the total value is only 1700.00? :***: :idiot: -cuss :frustrate. It's only got 96,000 original miles on it!!! It'***** pretty hard, but it's not bad enough to total it. I still can't find the digital carmera (just moved) to post some pics, but sooner or later I'll come across it. I've spent the last few months buying most of the goodies I wanted & FINALLY ordered the Banks THAT MORNING!!! Money is kinda tight with the immediate home improvements going on, so I don't know if I'll be able to keep the goodies & get her fixed. Stay tuned, could be some "never been opened" **** for sale real soon:( :( .

Scott

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bummer, sorry to hear it. You came out of it OK?

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for asking though. Just Pissed. I know it sounds stupid, but I don't want to lose this truck & will do whatever it takes to keep it. It has quite a bit of sentimental value besides what I've put into it in $$ & sweat equity. The truck used to belong to the Vol. Fire Company I ride with. I took my first fire call in this truck & I drove it on it's last call before I took it home from the station. Alot of the members are waiting to see what I do with it because I talked a bunch of crap about all the things I wanted to do. I don't have it in me to drive in to the station wrecked like it is:( . I guess my pride is more damaged than anything. I'll get her straight.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep the faith... new trucks are too expensive.

I've all but decided to put new, lighter carpet in my truck, freshen paint where needed and elbow-grease the rest, do some undercoating, and run her for another 15 years. These trucks are made to keep ticking... and I hope you can fix yours.

Glad you're okay.

Mike

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
glad you're ok. a real shame to hear it.
hope you put her back together better than new. she's too young to retire.

been seeing too many of these stories... watch out for the morons, everybody.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
ugh... dirty *******. That really sucks the big one. I hope you get her straightened out. i know what you mean about the sentimental value. I don't think i could ever let my truck go either. I doubt the insurance company would give me even 1700 bucks. :mad:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OUCH! VERY sorry to hear this. Seems like we're having a rash of this lately. I'll leave my truck in the garage! This is like the 4th case of no-fault accidents occuring to various board members. I'm sure your familiar with Lucky larue's thread (not sure about this site). Get a lawyer! This whole idea of insurance companies being able to total out a vehicle is just not right! I think your neck is starting to hurt. Maybe your not able to have *** with your wife now either, and need therepy. The list could go on and on..... Sue!

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
That is bull, Why are all the nice IDI's getting hit and being worthless. My truck apprasied at $4000 Canadian and thats what i would get if she was totaled and the box is rusted:***: my cab is good except the corners. now im scared to paint it and get a new box it might deperate the value of it. Hope you get a good settlement out of it.

edited for language. Keep it clean in the Tech sections please.

Last edited by a moderator:

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Originally posted by Agnem
OUCH! Maybe your not able to have *** with your wife now either, and need therepy. The list could go on and on..... Sue!

My wife hasn't wanted to have *** in a long time, & I need therapy anyway, so the defense lawyer would probably discover that , nail me for Ins. fraud, & then total the truck to teach me a lesson;Pissed . She does however have some VERY hot friends, one of which has queitly requested a seat at "Scott's Danglin' Diner". I've got too much to lose though:( .

On a serious note, I'm gonna try to pull the side back out as straight as poss. & see what it looks like. We ( the guy that help me paint it) have to do that first to keep the Ins. co. happy. I did find out yesterday that the Ins. Co. is LESS likely to total a vehicle AFTER repair work has been started. So we'll do a ****** job of pulling the quarter back out & get a suppliment for a new bed side. It only needs the outer skin.

There does seem to quite a bit of this bad luck going around. But, as the saying goes, If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any!!

Scott

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow sorry to hear about this! lots of trucks getting it! last October I let a friend drive my truck, and he ran it up on a large rock and dented the running board and side of the bed pretty good. He ' promised" to pay for it, and of course its still damaged. I'm to the "calling daily" point now... eventualy I'll wear him down and he will pay to get the darn thing fixed.

Glad you are OK and get on that insurance company's @$$... don't let them screw you over like that, and keep us updated!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radeon1314

Members online