got my 2005 yesterday

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
2005 6.0 TQauto CC DRW 4x4 XLT (tired of tearing leather). Shift on the floor 4wd. no more switchnob on dash. Still got the stupid rear sensor, but at least this one works better than my 04. white...I hate white, but oh well, tax time was running out. So far, it runs awesome. It actually goes the instant there is any pressure on the go pedal. Pretty quick too, considering I haven't put predator on it. Everything is smooth, and love the ability to make turns in a parking lot without having to back up 3 times.

http://community.webshots.com/album/239706324wDauFm

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats.... mine is now 3 days old.... and also white..... The turning is great! But the child seat does not go in like the chevy.. kinda sucks..... Never drove an 03-04 but this one seems to move OK...

I do have the electronic shift... Whats bad about it???

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
:cool
CONGRATS guys...I suppose now we can call you CONverts as opposed to PERverts:eek: :D

The new ones are sharp but I'm an OBS guy....just wish I had the HP that you have in STOCK trim....and then be able to build on that , instead of beginning at 250 hp:sorry:

Hope you have trouble free service....just do us a favor and stay AWAY from TDS and all their petty whining about cup holders:shoot:

TooMuchBoost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
T&T- How much difference is there in the turning radius between 03-04 and the 05's?

That is one thing I don't miss about my truck.

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
as far as the 4x4 thing, mine messed up on my 04 and wouldn't go into low range, and if it did by accident, it wouldn't come out.

hopefully won't be a prob in 05's since I believe its related to a recall on certain 04's with auto tranny...

as far as turning radius, I'm not sure on specific numbers, but I know it turns a lot sharper. Mainly due to coil spring FS instead of leaf.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congats on the new truck Tim. I bet that sucker is nice.

Originally posted by geonc
CONGRATS guys...I suppose now we can call you CONverts as opposed to PERverts:eek: :D

The new ones are sharp but I'm an OBS guy....just wish I had the HP that you have in STOCK trim....and then be able to build on that , instead of beginning at 250 hp:sorry:

Hope you have trouble free service....just do us a favor and stay AWAY from TDS and all their petty whining about cup holders:shoot:

Geo,

Is it ok if I still call them CULverts :D

250 horse, who da heck started with 250:confused: I started with 215. Havent dyno'd but hope that with my mods (relatively few and none expensive) that I am at 250 now:cool

swanee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by geonc

Hey! Wait a minute! The spring in my cupholder just broke!-cuss
Maybe I should try for a buyback!:sorry: Couldn't help it!:rotflmao :rotflmao

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard TST is making a stiffer spring to hold the cup better while going down ruff roads... It also improves the fuel milage by 2mpg!!!!LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance