got a lil start this last week

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha everything here is rust free...lol but it definitely isnt in good shape...lol i will have to buy another bed down the road and do it again..mainly cause this was a work truck so the bed is hammered but it will get me by till then

460mudsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool. I am currently planning to body swap a 96 body onto my 79 frame and drivetrain. They are both reg cab short beds, but I am in the process of trying to acquire a 93 or 94 ext cab. My initial measurements put the back of the cab corners about 2" in front of the rear tires! I want the ext cab for the room, but would just build a custom flat bed to fit my needs.

Your bed may be very small, but it would be ideal if your main towing was a gooseneck.

I do know the fun you had completely gutting the interior - I changed the complete interior in my 95 reg cab from wore out brown to a nice gray. The only wiring left in the cab was for the seat belts!

Again - VERY COOL - please keep up the pics!

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your bed may be very small, but it would be ideal if your main towing was a gooseneck.

thats the funny thing i dont tow at all...its a daily driver...it was cheap to build...and before i was getting 23mpg but since the crewcab weight is added im sure ill lose a little...

i love diesels...

i love dependability...

and i love cheap...

and an idi gives me all of that...

now just if i could keep one turbo instead of changing my mind every two seconds i would be ok.. i already had a cat c12 turbo...sold it...got a early 99 pstroke turbo ditched the pedestal had fittings for oil. and ditched the ebpv valve also, and planned on one day getting a d66 when money allowed and i had the fuel to go with it...sold it...now ive got my eye on an he351vgt....it will just be ran off a spring set up..it will take a will to tune but i think once its there it will be bad

i have an engine with 98,000 miles that ive got and im going to get rebuilt...bearings, seals rings and pistons...probably go thru the heads...maybe a nice valve grind...probably justins cam lowered CR im in the works of manifolds right now and you see my intercooler...its not going to be anything to special but it will be fun and hopefully i can keep some mileage and once the engine is complete it will strap to an e4od

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bed is all tacked together!!! i have to add a spacer to driver rear cab mount its pretty close tho

You must be registered for see images attach

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Awesome build man! Would love to do this to a extended cab truck, that way the bed isnt quite as small as the one you are building.

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally got her up and going.......wait to start light is on at all times???? im pretty sure the glow plugs are working cause i can hear the controller kicking and running a full cycle...dont know what this is all about but let me know what you guys think...i would like to get this last problem solved...i havent really got a road test in but it seems to be doing good so far... but here is some pics

not my favorite interior color but its super clean