goodbye ttb pos hello dana 60

Wicked97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a $1200 94 350 5 speed gasser for the swap. The hard part will be deciding on making the zf bolt to my 7.3 or just selling the engine and trans till i find a different one.
I can tell you one thing I will be glad to get that tire eating pos out from under my truck.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NICE!

Did you get the pictures I emailed your way? I am really pleased with the gasser version of the ZF5. The lower 1st, reverse, and slightly taller OD are very nice........ especially backing up the fifth wheel or anything else on the back of the truck.

I've had no interest in the EFI 460 in the parts truck I robbed the ZF5 from. I hope more folks are looking for BBF's in your area. I stole the Dana 60 on that rig for my F250. I've stripped it pretty good. Best $1000 I've spent in a while.LOL

Heath

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
F-yeah! I'd put new ball joints in while its out. Poly spring bushings. Track bar bushings. Maybe new shocks too

Welcome to the 1ton club. Don't forget to change the front yoke on t-case output to match d60 driveline

Wicked97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got those pics and probably tonight I'll email you new links so you can get them back in the threads.

I might keep the trans but first I'll swap both axles and rear springs. I have new shocks and 6 months ago the 60 got new ball joints and new outer u joints.

Wicked97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this swap has gotten cheaper. Sold the wheels and tires for 400 and the motor for 500. A good load of scrap and I'm even money.