Good trade or not?

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
My f-inlaw saw it last night, he took a shine to it like I did and I know my father will be drooling when I get the 4x4 gear swapped in....I can get 5" of lift arched into the springs for $400 at our local spring shop so that's gonna happen soon....LOL

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
My A/C system is ok, just needs a charge. I pressure tested it today to 160psi with nitrogen and it held every bit of it for a long time. I bought a 134A retrofit kit from CarQuest but for some reason the high side valve is acting up. Do you need to take out the old R12 shrader valve before installing the R134A conversion valve? The instructions are very vague at best. I'll have to get it figured out this week. I might take a run into the local Ford dealer tommorow to ask about the valve. I could have charged it with "414" (I think it was called) but the high side valve was so small I didn't have any lines to fit it?
I changed the oil, 10L of 15w40 Rottela T for $2.10/L plus taxes Canadian...Pretty good deal for oil I thought. The oil filter was $8 and the fuel/water filter is like $20 my cost. The oil pan plug was stripped, lucky my old 6.9 was still in the shop - now I owe Larry a drain plug for a 6.9....LOLLOL

Question, when you start the truck cold, touch the throttle for a sec the idle bumps up to 1000rpm....I see there is a little solenoid in front of the throttle on the fuel pump, I take it that's for cold engine idle?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Question, when you start the truck cold, touch the throttle for a sec the idle bumps up to 1000rpm....I see there is a little solenoid in front of the throttle on the fuel pump, I take it that's for cold engine idle?

Yes, its the high idle advance. 1000rpms sounds a little high, mine goes to about 800-850rpms.