good place to get engine rebuilt

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like the guy that i traded trucks with didn't transfer the title on the old chev so dad is going up to the court house to see if he did or didn't. If he didn't, he's going to get a duplicate title and get the truck back. I'm going to sell it and put the money into rebuilding my 6.9. Any good places around Northern KY that rebuild diesels. I've heard good things about monarchs but any other places to consider. Going to do a complete rebuild and throw a set of ARP studs just for future plans;Sweet

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
I had a creepy fella years ago buy a '95 mustang from me, and 3 months later used it to rob a convenience store with a gun, and take off on foot. Had me a nice surprise when 5 cops showed up to my place and beat on the door. Luckily I still had the bill of sale and that helped the cops arrest the guy. Moral of the story, make sure your sold vehicles are NOT left in your name

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I had a creepy fella years ago buy a '95 mustang from me, and 3 months later used it to rob a convenience store with a gun, and take off on foot. Had me a nice surprise when 5 cops showed up to my place and beat on the door. Luckily I still had the bill of sale and that helped the cops arrest the guy. Moral of the story, make sure your sold vehicles are NOT left in your name

Thats why when you sell a vehicle, you fill out one of those transfer of title forms and submit it to the state yourself immidiately, that way you are not held liable for any parking tickets, or red light camera tickets or worse as you've found out

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you seen this thread? http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47841

I called the guy, they are Dealers Diesel remans. Probably a good deal even after shipping. Problem is, you would be out money for head studs and what not if you really wanted them.:dunno

I wouldn't touch a Dealers Diesel reman on a bet. Been bit several times by them. I must have pulled the one out 8 times before the boss got mad and had a local shop rebuild the original 7.3 which didn't even need bored out. Just needed a crank kit to fix a bad rod bearing,

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'll admit, as much as i love IDI's, i got bit in the a** on this deal. Should've sold the chevy and bought a better IDI