Good deal on this gas tank

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DORMAN FUEL TANK, 19 GALLONS/72 LITERS -- 58-7/8 in. length; 12-1/4 in. width; 12-1/2 in. height; With lock ring, long wheel base, 3-5/8 in. large gauge hole, and seal; Without side mount and vent support in filler pipe; Constructed from galvanized steel and painted for an extra layer of corrosion protection; With Dorman's limited lifetime warranty.

keywords.....galvanized steel...very bad for diesels. the fuel eats the coating like it's candy and then deposits them on your injector tip....

askikr79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see the galvanized tank was painted black. I wonder if the inside is painted so it doesn't eat away at the galvanizing. I will just get a steel replacement.

Thanks

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the local stores sell tanks for these trucks also. And I bet they are all made by the same people. I thought they were all made in Canada?

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I bought my tank for $100 no tax from my buddy at the body parts store....I can get the front OR rear ones from them for $100 out the door. This includes the rubbers for the straps, the locking ring and gasket. For an extra $15 per tank I could have bought both straps.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2 new steel tank from the gasser i just parted out. Going on craigslist today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online