Gonna mount a wing on my F-250 roof

suv7734

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you have in mind but I'm very sure an IDI won't fly :D
Most roof liners are pretty easy to get out except the crewcabs. Just remove all the trim and it's pretty obvious from there.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frank, are you talking about a Texas wing, like Mel Agne has on his wife's "Lady Moose" F350? Is your F250 a crew cab or at least extended cab, and also converted to a dually rear axle? Cause that's about the only way you can pull it off for good looks. Also, those wings are a bear on the already bad aerodynamics, unless you pull a big enclosed trailer all the time you're only going to mess up your fuel economy...

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
And removing the cloth headliner will do you no good. there is a steel headliner above that. You are going to have TO CRUSH both the roof and the steel headliner in order to make the wing tight. These roofs are just no designed to hold that kind of contraption

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't comment on how the one on Lady Moose is installed, since it came with the truck. I'm going to guess that a larger hole was drilled in the inside part of the cab roof, to allow access to the outer shell. I think the back edge is screwed in from the outside. Whoever did it, did it right. It's pretty rigid and doesn't give us any problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online