glowshift egt gauge acting up..

sms8921

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last July I purchased three flowchart gauges. Installed all the they were working flawlessly. Just this summer my egt gauge needle started to drop to zero if I turned my turn signals on our shut my lights off and occasionally when I released the brake pedal. Now all the of these gauges are wired together in the same fuse. Only the egt gauge had started to act up. Checked all connections and grounds on gauges they are all good. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
run a dedicated ground to the engine somewhere first. If that doesnt work run a dedicated hot. I had the same problem with my autometer pyro and when i spoke with tech support the guy I spoke with said that EVERY pyro should have its own dedicated ground ran to the same place that the probe is grounded. He also said that sometimes its own key on hot is required depending upon how prone your wiring is to feedback.

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My advice would be to ditch the glowshift, I have had nothing but problems with mine and have several friends that all have problems with them.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I know several people who use them and none have had many problems and any problems found were immediately corrected with a warranty replacement gauge. But they are VERY FINICKY about grounds, you can not just ground to the steering column or the dash brackets unless you have added extra ground wires with properly cleaned and coated connections, I am going to use a ground junction box with an 8 gauge ground to the battery to ground gauges and accessories to.

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also play with the probe wires for the egt my friend had a probe go bad and had the same problem as you. A new probe is 60 bucks I think. It's probabably worth it to buy an odd pro or auto meter instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist