glow plugs

snowman1

Reaction score
Just make sure that they are not 6v plugs and are 12v that you are looking at because if you are putting 6v plugs in they will work great for awhile but will burn out quickly.

Mutley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look like a quality product. I might buy a set and stash them for future use. :D

JEdington

Reaction score
I have recently changed my glow plugs with autolite 1107. I have a few burn already after one use. I run my glowplugs manualy and for 7 second and it didn't start after another seven second it did. Next morning it would not start on it's own power. The autolite book says that theyvare a voltage regulated plug, should they handle 12 v or am I cooking them with 12 v?? Anybody know, thanks

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
one way to test them is get a set, put one in the battery charger, and let er rip., see what happens to it or how long continuos it will go, Ive done it before with used motorcraft, they wont burn out, autolights burn after about 10 min
once in the 92 had a gp contoller go wacked out, drove 45 min with them on, never hurt them

JEdington

Reaction score
wow that's forever compared to 7 seconds, I am testing them with the **** light method after installed. No light up dead glow. So basically autolites are junk???

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow that's forever compared to 7 seconds, I am testing them with the **** light method after installed. No light up dead glow. So basically autolites are junk???

Hundreds of posts on glow plugs if not thousands. The consensus is that Motorcraft/Beru is the best, wither they are ZD9 for IDI or ZD11 for the 7.3 PSD.

Just search (Autolite glow plugs) all kinds of trouble, burn out, swelling and tip break off, pulling heads to remove tips and on and on.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
bad bad experiances here with auto lights, put a set in an IDI and didnt even get it out of th garage and they were junk.
had a autolight in my 96 psd, that required pulling the head off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle