Glow plugs working. Wait to start light still on/off quickly.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed when repairing my glow plugs that the "wait to start" light goes off quickly, but the glow plugs are still heating up. I went out this morning in 30 degree weather and the light cycled quickly. I waited about 10 seconds and hit the starter and she fired right to life. Guess I may have to troubleshoot my wait to start light problem soon.

but its getting closer. Still cant figure out the tach low reading problem yet. new sensor, good ground on the panel.

Oh well work in progress.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
does the relay on the gpc start clicking as soon as the light goes out on the dash panel? The reason I am asking is if so then it's dropping into "after glow" which will cycle the power to the plugs because it thinks that the plugs are hot hot hot. Yes they will still heat but only for the time that the relay is ON. So is the power on the glow plugs turning on and off or staying ON solid for around ten seconds.

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine does the clicking your describing, is that a sign of bad plugs or relay?

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No clicking. It stays on till the plugs are red hot. then shuts off. But the light cycles quickly. I have beeen giving it a 10 count before I start it.