Glow Plug wiring harness

fairlane_68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ANyone know where I can get the harness for the glow plugs? The only one I can find is for the newer 7.3, and they claim that it won't fit, or that the International part won't fit Fords. I believe that my harness is bad, because I just replaced all 8 GP's and I still have a had start problem. I read the article here and going by it, my GP relay is good. The GP leads look and feel old and brittle, with some exposed wire.

OR...is this something that a pushbotton bypass switch would fix?

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "newer" 7.3 is the PowerStroke, completely different engine, about zero parts interchange.

Now - does the truck start OK warm, and / or after the block heater had been plugged in?

How long are the glow plugs staying on for before they start cycling?

What brand of glow plugs did you install?

Even if all the wires to the glow plugs were hacked to shreds, you could replace them for under $20 rather than buying a $200 wire harness.

And lastly, yes wire in a manual control, hold it for 8 seconds and then start it. It's an easy way to eliminate the controller as a problem. All you really need is a wire with an alligator clip on the white wire terminal. Hold that rascal to ground for 8 seconds, then crank.

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
The problem I had with mine was no clicking turned out the power feeds were melted and I had to splice in new feeds from the fender

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.