Glow plug/relay or wiring issue?

carrasco4712

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9/10 times my truck will start only after 2 cycles. I let it go about 5 seconds longer than the WTS light (1st) time, then..I have to crank it within less than 5 seconds after the 2nd WTS goes out otherwise she won't start and I'll have to do the whole 2 cycle BS again.(this is 10 to 45 degrees temperature last couple months. I HAVE started it warm though, I bought the truck in CA and on warm (80+ degrees or so) days it would fire right up after sitting for 10+ hours when I'm at work. Or.. could it be air getting in the system. I know some of my seals are pretty crusty- I am changing them little by little. My idle sounds good but the tach. Sometimes bounces about 3-6 degrees.

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

carrasco4712

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But you mentioned nothing about glowplug age or brand.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I don't know anything about the glow plugs. I'll have to take them out and take a look. I'll have to find that thread on how to test the resistance of the plugs also. First time I looked at the plugs two of the wires were off - not connected to the plugs but it still ran perfect and started with only one cycle - though that was in CA warmer weather. Last couple months I've been working out of northern NV - much colder.

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online