Getting the @#%$ copper washer out!

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
Any tricks/tips? It looks like it was snugged up a little to much and spread to fully fill the hole.... Of course, it's in hole #8 at the back :backoff :mad: -cuss I can't seem to wiggle it at all, and it is definatly not coming free. Going to try and scrape it out, but -cuss
So much for the quick injector+pump change

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I haven't had to deal with that, but maybe use an electrician's fish tape. Bend a 90 on the end and perhaps hook it.

Or an easy out for pulling stripped and broken bolts.

Good luck.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Those little paint can openers work great. you know, they kinda look like bottle openers, but they have a hook on one end.

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
Well, we eneded up getting it out... does not look nice, but it's out. Now to find the little bag with the 2 missing o-rings for the return -cuss This is just not going to end is it?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wwwabbit said:
Don't argue with me Mr. Copper washer
wabbit-
how does the injector look? is the injector side all carboned up? If so you will want to clena the heck out of the injector bore in the head. By the looks of "mr.copper washer" you have some clenaing to do.

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
Ya, we cleaned the snot out of everything. There was only 4 of them that looked like they were way over tight, 3 of them came out no problems, and it was the washer on the right that decided to stick in there...
So far so good, I got 2 return hats that just don't want to seal, and I am going in for my timing job this afternoon at 1pm. I am going to try and put the old return hats on and see if they will seal. I changed o-rings in the two that are leaking already and that didn't help :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online