Gear Vendors Here Today

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its true. I called them yesterday and asked why I didn't have it or conformation that it was shipped on Tuesday. They said it just didn't get shipped yet......:dunno So today it comes and I open it and start reading how to install the electrical. Printed at the top of the page is this.... GV electronics diagram for 1994-1997 Dodge 618 transmission remote mount. So I read further thinking this is what works for both trucks. These days less paperwork os more better.... Nope. I called them and sure nuff they sent me the wrong stuff. Had I followed the instructions everythingwould have been way wrong causing all kinds of problems.....-cuss I just had to laugh.. My charma does this to me all the time. It never fails that something will be wrong with whatever I have done for me. I'm just a bad luck kind of guy. So they faxed me the correct copy but my fax machine just ran out of black ink. So as I have done in the past I add some tap water to the container which makes the ink work for a few copies... Yep... The first copy comes out half black and thats all I have... Totally useless unformation. So Monday I'll try this again after I buy some ink...... Wo is me... I can't get a brake.... But I got my GV and thats something to be really happy about..... A $4500.00 BTS... A $3200.00 GV..... & forward gears..... Priceless....;p

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you have this trouble when you were working, if not. GET A JOB!!!

Just kidding, I have the same dilemma going on with my new sandrail engine.
Wrong cam, wrong valve springs, boost is floating the valves at 4500 rpm and up, fuel injection is not liking the cam overlap AND the magic datalogger wont work with the factory sensors, but they dont tell you that when you buy it.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Do you have the right unit? I would be concerned that not only the instructions were wrong, but so was the unit. I'm sure they are closed by now, but you could have them faxed to me, then I can scan and email. Or if you have them stored on your fax, you can send them to me, I'll scan and email back.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I did check the other parts in the box. They are the correct parts. Russ... I do know that feeling. Sometimes it just seams like anything that could go wrong does go wrong. These GV units are not a simple unbolt the tailshaft housing and bolt in the new GV. The new adapter needs to be installed seated and then the coupler between the trans tailshaft and the GV must be shimmed between 0.005 & 0.020. Or if you are reading the "other" directions that came in the box can be 0.005 to 0.035.... Hmmm, which is correct. If I get it wrong the unit will shift all by itself whenever it wants to. I wonder why that will happen. I know I can set it at between both of the settings measurements. They supply a Spicer 1350 slip yoke and that must be installed on the driveshaft. Otherwise the ford unit wont fit the GV splines. I finally found the driveshaft length page. It starts by saying "Lengths given are actual lengths taken from shaft". Now for me it would have been soooo much better for it to have been stated "Cut this much off the E4OD driveshaft". There are over 60 differant driveshaft lengths for differant transmissions with or without 4-wd. Plenty-o-time to read or study this weekend... Wifey is going to Napa wine tasting till late Sunday.....:thumbsup: