Gauge reads 0 Oil pressure and overheating

sassyrel

Reaction score
heats driving down the road--how much trash in the cooling fins in the rad??????--and youd be surprised how much bugs can plug em!!! mine was in a flood--had fixed by fall, drove the the winter, first warm spring day, temp started climbing!!!!!!! stopped and let it cool cool--three times to get home--rad was full of bugs and dirt from flood---carwashed it clean---no problems since----------

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also the rad could be plugged internally as little as 20 percent and cause it to heat.
Again, I dont like oil additives. And you should never take a trip with that crap in there just around town then change it. That way it wont mess with you on the road, but you know that now.:D
Have a safe trip home

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
MADE IT HOME!!!
I'll post pics of the haul in another thread a little later.
Just wanted to tell everyone we made it without blowing the engine up. Really didnt have a whole lot of trouble with it coming back. It got darn warm a couple times, and we pulled it over and ran water over the radiator until it was down to the N and it would be fine for a long time. Then we'd climb another big $&%^#&* hill and it would heat all the way up to the top of the Normal bracket, pull over at a truck stop and cool it down with water again.
But we made it, and didnt destroy the engine doing it!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My prescription - Take 2 gauges (oil presure, temp) off the shelf, install, and call me in the morning. LOL

On the coolant bottle issue, sounds like your overflow tube either has a vacuum leak, or there is a problem with the radiator cap. Sounds like it isn't sucking the coolant back in when the engine cools.

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
Sounds like his whole cooling problem is the radiator cap. Put one on and go try to get her hot and bothered.....

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I just replaced it with a new one right before we left, so it could be an issue. What is it supposed to be, the 7lb one or the 14lb one?