FULL PULL IDI!!!...or uhh mabe not

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
ok so i didn't steal the show but i didn't come in last!! :sly:rotflmao ,y friend with the camra jazzed it up and it didn't record. -cuss but i made it 178 feet, and came in second to last, beating an '03 chevy that smoked it's trans! LOL;p even with the pump maxed they said the truck didn't smoke a bit.... :dunno i had a good time, just means i need to put that PSD turbo on! oh i was the only IDI there! :D

-Jon

p.s while i was there i got a sticker made! ;Sweet

Attachments

• 0811092157.jpg
    0811092157.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 56

dansvan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With no smoke, more air isn't going to do you any good...

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing should have been smoking pretty good, with my pump maxed out I get quite a bit of smoke before the boost comes in, but I have to load the motor by shifting early and then hammering on it, which because I don't trust 4th gear anymore is what I have to do if I am trying to accelerate quickly to get out of the way of oncoming traffic, when pulling out. I should fix that soon though I am putting a new trans in this week sometime, I am tired of dealing with patching up my worn out trans.

Congratulations on your pull though, next time you will do better. I wish you had a video of it but I understand how things can be.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
we were supposed to pull yesterday but it was rained out.... :mad: they cancelled the hot diesels and semis. they had the "stock" diesel tonight, but they herded us in like cattle it was like register, weigh in then go fast! my friend didn't expect it and arrived as i was hooking up. :eek: i'm not sure if it was maxed all the way but on the road as i pound through the gears itll blackout the road...... :dunno

Thanks!
-Jon

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
would you object with posting a script file so I and other could have that sticker made :angel::angel::angel:

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Here we go guys!!! finally got a video of the 'ol IDI pullin!! :sly i was at the Harford fair in the pure stock DIESEL class. i was against strokers and cummins, a stroker took it (see ya need IH power to win! ;Sweet) and i beat a few cummins!! :rotflmao:rotflmao:backoff i made it 219 feet and placed 6th outta 9 trucks! not bad for a 'ol non turbo diesel eh? ;Really:rolleyes:

-Jon

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=62151605

(there's the link i can't get it to embed the video on the post.... :confused:)

Last edited:

dukedrummer89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the track sure looked crappy, you can see your truck front drv tire throwing up mud clods

your truck sure smoked off the line, bet people were thinkin "man that big block gasser sure smokes alot" haha

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
yea my friend said that's one of the stickiest tracks around and he didn't think second would do it, well i used second low range and she wasn't shy on power, just traction! ;Sweet he said that today (the day after) it was sooooo sticky it was running the tractors outta power.

-Jon

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least you never ran out of power, if you had a little more weight you would have probably carried it a little farther. Throw a turbo on there and get it to hook up a little more and you won't be doing too bad for an old IDI.

NextENRG

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex S
would you object with posting a script file so I and other could have that sticker made
if i knew how to...sure thing!

-Jon

try to take a picture of the sticker, nice and close and straight on and ill see if i can make it into a useful img to get made into stickers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online