fuel tank switch

madbret

Diesel Noob
Reaction score
I heard of the valves going bad and letting air in the fuel line also. My truck has the rear tank disabled because the valve was letting air in and the previous owner just disabled it to solve the problem on the cheap. Kinda sucks to not have both tanks available so I may try to fix one of these days. Good luck, bro.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck man.
How do you go about draining the tank? a siphon?

i took my fuect pump off the truck a got 8 feet of 3/8 fuel hose and stuck the hose down the fill up tube. it took about 15 minutes its a bad ****:sly

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard of the valves going bad and letting air in the fuel line also. My truck has the rear tank disabled because the valve was letting air in and the previous owner just disabled it to solve the problem on the cheap. Kinda sucks to not have both tanks available so I may try to fix one of these days. Good luck, bro.
its not the valve. i tested it by switching the rear lines to the front lines

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the shower head has disintegrated, it likely has put pieces in the fuel lines. I was driving on the freeway when mine just quit due to a clogged fuel line. I didn't know until dropping the tank and removing the sender. Blowing air might help some, but if the crud is in there, it may have hurt the switch, too. Check for leaks.
i took the shower head off and recplaced it with some hose and it was a little to long. ill post what i find out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online