fuel tank suckin air

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
ok so i swaped the fuel tank from my 86 to my 91 in the process of restoration on the 86 well anywho swaped the tank over put the sending unit and stuff from the old tank out of the 91 fuel tank to the 86 fuel tank put the fuel tank up in the 91 got everything hooked up and ran my buddy to etown so i was drivein down the road fliped the switch up to the front tank and went down the road for about 3 minutes and my motor shuts off so now im goin 55mph down the road fliped it back to the rear tank and threw it in Neutral and cranked while pullin off the road had to bleed the fuel filter to fill it up again now is it suckin air or do i need to bleed the front tank lines and if so how do i do that? :dunno

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
just a side note but i would have left it in gear with the accelorator to the floor to get the fuel lines purged out again. you can usually get it before you run out of speed.

did you purge the lines at all before you took your trip. they might have been full of air just from working on them?

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
just a side note but i would have left it in gear with the accelorator to the floor to get the fuel lines purged out again. you can usually get it before you run out of speed.

did you purge the lines at all before you took your trip. they might have been full of air just from working on them?

its my first time with switchin it to another tank ive never had to switch to another tank lol first time i ever had two workin tanks in a truck every truck ive owned either the front tank worked or the rear tank worked never both i believe its the air in the lines then

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828