fuel problem??????

bubtheman

God I need a beer!!
Reaction score
I could use some advice. I have a 99 F350 with the six speed. Between 1000 and 1500 rpm's the motor shudders really bad. I'm thinking bad fuel, but other people have told me to have the computer reset. I have changed the filter twice in 1000 miles...the second time I don't think I needed to. I'm at a loss and worried that I'll damage something if I don't do something soon. Clogged injectors, bad fuel, computer, freakin' gremlins, I have no idea! -cuss Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you hoked a scanner up to it yet? Pulled codes?

It could be a bad wiring harness under the valve cover, could be a lot of things. Could be a bad fuel pump and not the filter. Any mods? Chips?

1stimer

Reaction score
hey bubtheman you need to make a signature. And use that book of your and pull the codes and filter the jet fuel next time

bubtheman

God I need a beer!!
Reaction score
thanks, and no codes pulled yet thats next on the todo list(no mods no chip)

bubtheman

God I need a beer!!
Reaction score
Well here's the deal.... finally got someone that knew what's going on to have a look. he didn't pull codes or drive it. started it up rand about two mins and said i got a dead cylinder. :mad: . i'm fixin to pull the injectors have em cleaned and checked. check all the wiring and go ahead and stuff new glow plugs in while i'm there. :puke: oh well

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that dead cylinder could be as simple as the wiring harness being screwed up under the valve cover. Its pretty common.

A cylinder contribution test or injector buzz test might be able to tell you more.

I'd hate to see someone throw a buncha money at a problem that could be as simple as unplugging and replugging the valve cover harness.

But, this is also a good opportunity to replace the GP's, replace the harness, and maybe step into some bigger injectors.

Guess its all in how you look at it.

jvencius

Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
But, this is also a good opportunity to replace the GP's, replace the harness, and maybe step into some bigger injectors.

Guess its all in how you look at it.

Yep--that's true--the whole "while you're at it" philosophy of maintenance gets awfully damned expensive at times. :eek: :D

bubtheman

God I need a beer!!
Reaction score
Yeah, any suggestions about which injectors are best and if you got a link that would be cool. high flow or what? maybe stock is good i don't know.
:confused:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check with our sponsor @ Beans Diesel Performance. Ryan can set you up with what you need for injectors. His link is in our sponsors section. You wont be disappointed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online