Fuel line seal?

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
While I was reinstalling the top cover to the air box (aluminum cast for turbo) the elbow rubbed against the fuel line coming from the filter head to the inlet on the injection pump and I could hear the air sucking into the fitting at the filter head. Upon removing the line from the fitting I found a flared end and a piece of rubber behind the flare. Does anybody know if you can just replace the rubber or do i need to get a new fitting/line?

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can replace just the rubber (it is called a olive) might want to get two (one for each end) I'm not sure if parts stores other than Ford or International can get them.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Any good injection pump rebuild shop will sell them. On the net and Ebay there is a place in Arizona called Heckerwithinjectors that sells this item.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Or you can get rid of that stupid setup for good and go to a pump shop and get a new tail piece that has a jic5 outlet instead of that crazy factory setup, then go to a hose shop and pickup a 45 deg pip fitting to jic5 fitting and then get a couple of re usable ends one with a 90 deg bend for the pump end and the other can be straight and a chunk of fuel rated hose , which of course you measured the factory pipe before you left :D and you now have a setup that will last for life and won't leak everytime you disturb it.

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys! I made it to the stealership before they closed yesterday and ordered a new line and some extra seals. The new line was only $18 and the seals were $2 a piece hopefully this will fix her up wont know till tommorow since I was late to the dealership.