Fuel Line Question

GMC-DMAX

Reaction score
I just installed the Racor RK-32313 fuel filter last week. When I change the fuel hoses, I notice the 1/2" steel line above the fuel cooler that go's into the braided hose, which looks like this braided hose comes from the fuel tank. Well anyway this steel line will turn at the connection where the braided hose is at. I would like to know if this line is suppose to turn or not. The braided hose stays still and the 1/2" steel line turns. Would appreciate any help on this.

GMC-DMAX

Reaction score
Roland_ Jenkins
I have already installed the RK-32313. The questions is with the 1/2" steel fuel line and the braided hose. There is a connection between the two. This is where you can hold the braided hose and turn the 1/2" steel fuel line. I don't know if this right or wrong. If it is right then when the engine is running the fuel line will be under a slight vacuum. I know if the line will turn by hand , I can't see how it can be under a vacuum because this will suck air in at this connection. When the engine is off , there will be a positive pressure and a leak should show up. There are no leaks and the truck runs GREAT.

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The entire Dmax fuel system is under vacum. So any leaks would leak inwards letting air enter in. When the system is turned off, a small amount of fuel might drip out of a leak but not neccasarly. You have to pressurize the fuel tank to test for leaks. Oh yea, you can put a little motor oil on a suspected area and if it leaking you can watch the oil get sucked in.

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMC-DMAX
I ask the same question at the dealership, and these fittings will turn but there is a o-ring to seal off any leaks vacum or pressure on the inside of the fitting. Hope this helps
Geno

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave
Where can I find the fitting only so I can build my own system to check fuel pressure from the test port on the front of the engine.
Geno

GMC-DMAX

Reaction score
Geno
Thanks for the reply. I still can't see something that will turn can hold a vacuum. So far the truck is running great and no fuel leaks. I have checked it everytime I come back from a short trip. All looks good so far. If I have a problem I'm going to take the hole line out, back to fuel tank and replace it with a good fuel line.
Dave
I'm interested also, where is the test port fitting. I was going to look today but didn't have time.

Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online