Fuel leak

96_Bear

Shane
Reaction score
Hey all I have a 2000 Excursion with 106,000 mile on it. Last Febuary my sister ran it out of fuel and ever since then I have a fuel leak that comes and goes. I have replaced the cap, filter, and o-ring. The bowl seem to be clean and dry! The fuel puddles just back or the filter housing and I cant see a trail from where it is running from or anything spraying any where!

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Common places to look would be the sensors in the filter housing, or the pump going out. Had leaks both places..

96_Bear

Shane
Reaction score
Did some more checking believe the leak is coming from a plain metal tube on the left side of fuel bowl that runs to the back of the valley. Thanks for the info bbressler I did look over all the sensor that I could see and all of them appear to be dry as well as the bowl.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like your return line from the FPR (fuel pressure regulator)... It is attached to a squarish module on the side of the housing, no? and goes backwards, then jogs down and continues back some more?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10 to 1 it's the fuel bowl drain valve o'rings. Takes a #20 Torx for the screws.

96_Bear

Shane
Reaction score
That sounds like your return line from the FPR (fuel return pressure regulator)... It is attached to a squarish module on the side of the housing, no? and goes backwards, then jogs down and continues back some more?

Yep thats the lines im talking about. There is nothing wet any where till the lines go under the braided line that runs to the port in the head then all the intercooler tube get in the way so i wont know much more till i remove all that stuff out so i can see better. i will check the torx and o ring to make sure its not coming from there. Will know more Saturday when i can take time to pull it all apart!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online