fuel issue advice

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the exact symptoms you describe and it turned out my problem was air intrusion somewhere in the hard lines and/or fuel filter assembly. I completely replaced the fuel lines with viton all the way to the tanks, put in new high quality switching valves, and put in a marine filter/water separator and an electric pump. Now it starts first crank every time and filter changes are a lot easier (and cheaper).

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do wanna go electric pump but don't wanna use it to mask a problem

I have all new gates hose to the tank said diesel and bio fuel on it and I did that about 3 weeks ago
Selector valve and rear tank have been unhooked for quite a while. Hard for the factory nylon and steel lines to break also it's a 7.3 so it has that style water fuel housing I do have a spare I could swap to
Seems to not be so much an air in fuel prob as maybe not enough supply. Think I'm gonna get some clear hose and put inline to see if I do see any air being pumped somewhere thanks for ur advice!

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my truck would not start, I would unscrew the 7.3 filter and notice it was mostly empty. I would have to fill it up to be able to start the truck. So yes, I too had a supply problem, but the supply was drained because of an air intrusion (breaking the suction needed to keep the fuel from draining). Once I was running, there was no problem, the pump did its job to supply fuel.

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im still having issues and being 3 weeks in a row oddly it happens ever 7th day?? ether way i ordered an electric pump hope i fix it with that

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online