Fuel Filter Locations

surfbako

Reaction score
I know this has probably been answered somewhere but I've searched for over an hour and can't find the info I need. I'm looking to change both fuel filters on my 2005 F-250 6.0

Thanks!

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
one is where your air cleaner would be if it was an old school carburated gaspot use a 1/2 ratchet in the top and i think the other one is half way down the driver's side frame rail if memory serves me right.

Groundhawg

Reaction score
The larger filter is the located on the drivers side frame rail right under the cab. The cap is the same size as the oil filter cap is. There is a small plug on the side of the frame mounted filter assembly...I believe it is uses a 6mm allen wrench to remove. There is a replacement part that can be bought through International that you can remove by hand...make it MUCH easier to drain the water.

Anyway, pull the plug first and wait a while...let it drain so you don't get such a big bath. Then pull the cap.

The smaller fuel filter is located on top of the engine, very close to where the oil filter is.

Don't tighten them up too much...just like with the oil filter cap.

dmartin

Reaction score
be very careful with the one under the hood i would not reccomend a 1/2 in. ratchet for this unless you like paying the 70 some odd bucks for a new cap at the dealership. i used and oil filter wrench on mine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828