fuel filter leak

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the last 2 days the truck has been firing up and dieing. so i was was looking at the return lines and they were all dry. then i noticed the valve cover was wet with fuel leaking from the filter ( the bottom part that goes on the filter) and was woundering if any else has had this issue before? i got a one piece filter from napa to fix it i forgot the part number ill post it later. i wonted to share this info because the napa part number wasnt in the "parts bin"

motoneil

Reaction score
That is great info since mine is leaking in the same place. I have been fighting fuel leaks for a while. I have replace the whole fuel system in the last year fixing one leak after another. I guess that these Utah winters are not as kind to parts as the Arizona desert.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your probley right. this was just info if the bottom part of the filter starts leaking and you need to fix asap

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow i thought this was some good info....
it is good info.
napa gold and wix are one in the same.
to convert from wix to napa p/n on fuel filters take the first digit off the wix p/n and you have the napa p/n
wix 33417
remove the "3"
napa 3417

the one with the sensor post is wix 33617.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thing to add is Always buy the one from Wix and never the Napa one. You will save a lot of money. I know someone who bought one from Napa and he paid $42 while I bought a Wix over the counter for 25

If your driving a van the 33417 is easier to install than the original style filter.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is good info.
napa gold and wix are one in the same.
to convert from wix to napa p/n on fuel filters take the first digit off the wix p/n and you have the napa p/n
wix 33417
remove the "3"
napa 3417

the one with the sensor post is wix 33617.

thanks for that info. very useful;Sweet

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is great info to know. my truck has been starting running great then dyin all of a sudden. cant seem to figure it out. but maybe thats my problem too because i have the bowl witht he sensor and drank **** on the bottom of my filter.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is great info to know. my truck has been starting running great then dyin all of a sudden. cant seem to figure it out. but maybe thats my problem too because i have the bowl witht he sensor and drank **** on the bottom of my filter.

i think other members have put the 7.3 filter setup on the the 6.9s