Fuel diagram?

RavenTBK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a diagram or maybe a annotated photo of the route that the fuel takes (or is supposed to take) around the engine compartment?

Over the last couple days there has been a serious air intrusion issue, not 100% sure on the source, so I am just going to redo everything piece by piece. First piece is removing the FSV, as its frozen anyways, and the rear tank has busted seams. Going to get some fresh fuel line (and return too) and run it straight from the now removed FSV up into the engine compartment. I know the suction line goes into the mechanical pump on the block, but where does the return originate from?

I will need to find some more pics about the FSV to figure out what is suction and what is return for each tank. I want to make it a direct draw from the front tank with all new hose.

Just as background, my symptoms are classic intrusion. Easy startup, runs nice for a few seconds, sputters and dies. Refuses to re-start for several (was one, today took three) 30/5 starter cycles. Once it catches, its golden. Based on what I know, this seems to be air getting in somewhere between the front tank, and fuel filter assy, as its simply sucking the filter dry when it dies.

But, my biggest thing is finding out the path the fuel follows around the underhood area. Any assistance? I am non-turbo BTW. I simply remove the soupbowl and rock out with repairs.