FS: ZF5 and changeover kit for 83-91 truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not just a Ford ZF5 5speed transmission for sale. This is everything you need to convert an automatic trans truck to a manual trans.
What's included.....
steering column.
pedal assembly.
ZF specific transmission floor pan for your cab floor.
dual mass flywheel assembly with clutch.
plug-in wiring harness segment for converting the auto trans drive selector to manual trans.
clutch hydraulics from master cyl , tubing to slave cyl..
clutch fork.
4wd ZF5 diesel specific bellhousing bolt pattern trans. this is not a modified gasser trans.
all the above parts are "experienced" unless otherwise noted.

what's not included.
Why? these parts are chassis specific and not trans specific.
driveshafts. I do have the driveshafts for regular cab f250 4x4 that can be thrown in as part of the deal if that's your truck.
transmission crossmember. once again, chassis specific.
the truck the trans came out of had a seized motor so there is no way I could test out the trans, but the oil drained from the trans did not have a metalic look to it.
$700 for all the above included items. if you have a 4spd manual truck and want to buy the 5spd trans and clutch setup, the price is $400.
FOB santa clara, kali.

Attachments

• SL373052.JPG
    SL373052.JPG
    857.7 KB · Views: 10
  • SL373053.JPG
    SL373053.JPG
    874.3 KB · Views: 17
  • SL373055.JPG
    SL373055.JPG
    864 KB · Views: 13

gandalf

Reaction score
I saw this on C'list this morning, and wondered whether it might be you. The shop background and vehicles seemed just a bit familiar.

BTW, the truck runs, but still acts like it has a metering problem, a metering valve sticking. I ran two two full filters of Diesel Kleen through it, and think I saw a slight improvement. More on that this coming week.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw this on C'list this morning, and wondered whether it might be you. The shop background and vehicles seemed just a bit familiar.

BTW, the truck runs, but still acts like it has a metering problem, a metering valve sticking. I ran two two full filters of Diesel Kleen through it, and think I saw a slight improvement. More on that this coming week.
what does the lines look like?
prolly need to get the whole fuel system nice and warm to get the stuff purged out. take it for a drive and beat the dogshit out of it and let's see what happens.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Man, that isn't a bad deal at all! I paid $1265 for everything you mentioned, but I didn't get the proper column, completel clutch and the plug in wiring harness with mine.

Add in $150 for the clutch, $370 for my driveshaft and a couple of other bits and pieces.

ANd I bet all yours is rust free!!!

gandalf

Reaction score
what does the lines look like?
prolly need to get the whole fuel system nice and warm to get the stuff purged out. take it for a drive and beat the dogshit out of it and let's see what happens.

Just back from a short drive, around the big block, San Tomas, Moorepark, Winchester. Truck did okay, and didn't seem to have the sticking metering problem when I got back. It was well warmed up by that time.

It may have developed an air intrusion though. I ran it quite a while yesterday, idling at the curb. Today I had to crank way too much to start. The clear lines are now a light golden brown. They've lost that red tinge.

Also, I think it needs timing. It's on the retard side of the original mark.

Lastly, my truck don't have no stinkin' dog **** to beat out of it. That's the algae critters you're think of. They're worse.

Attachments

• DSCF7899.JPG
    DSCF7899.JPG
    830.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just back from a short drive, around the big block, San Tomas, Moorepark, Winchester. Truck did okay, and didn't seem to have the sticking metering problem when I got back. It was well warmed up by that time.

It may have developed an air intrusion though. I ran it quite a while yesterday, idling at the curb. Today I had to crank way too much to start. The clear lines are now a light golden brown. They've lost that red tinge.

Also, I think it needs timing. It's on the retard side of the original mark.

Lastly, my truck don't have no stinkin' dog **** to beat out of it. That's the algae critters you're think of. They're worse.
check the lines before you start it up cold next time.
btw....algae looks like runny dogshit to me.:eek::puke:cookoo:D

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
I was checking that out on CL while I was in class! Hey Calvin, would you take an e40d as partial credit for the set up?

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
C6? Ha ha...

If I can dig up the scratch, I will be buying that setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online