Front Mud Flaps

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Can anybody that has mudflaps on the front of their truck post up pics and details of how you mounted them.

it KILLS me to see my rockers packed with snow and slush especially since they are pretty clean for it's age.

at first i didn't want to do flaps b/c i think m-flaps are about as ugly as can be but a truck with rotted out rockers are even uglier. so i have decided to put some mudflaps on it. the mud flaps will come off when warmer weather comes back anyways.

Thanks in advance.;Sweet

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go with running boards don't get the ones that take metal screws into the body. That just leaves more spaces for rust to start.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I added some mild flares to my front end and then small mudflaps to those, its keeping the ***** off the truck nicely and we gots lots of ***** here with sand/snow/mud etc....

Just sayin...

You must be registered for see images attach

They are pop riveted in place...

Hope this helps...

I think they are a bushwacker...no idea got em for like 10 bucks each...rofl

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on my last truck (9th gen also.'96 f150) i put the old school style running boards on it and that truck was just as solid still when i sold it.
should have put them on this truck instead of these worthless nerf bars.
those things really are boss when it comes to keeping the road slush off the underside.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i want to do some flaps like that but hang down almost all the way to the ground.

Guess you stopped read my previous post at the first mention of running boards - I told you what happened to my low-hanging mudflaps, what makes you yours will suffer any different fate? Even assuming you never take the truck down a logging road or a farmer's field, you still have at the very least snow and ice banks to deal with - you will have to back up over something higher than a speed bump eventually, and when you do you can kiss your low-hanging mudflaps bye bye. Heck depending on how you hang them you may even find out that conveyor belt material is stronger than fender lip sheetmetal for example... lol

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
I have some long front mudflaps on my 4x4 F150 that hang 2" off the ground. Been stuck in deep snow with it and backed all the way out, and I taught for sure I was gonna rip 'em off, but nope, not at all!

I took some regular mudflaps, but weren't long enough for me, so I had a random long mudflap, I cut it in half, and bolted the 2 lower halfs to the main mudflaps to extend them, and painted them white :D

Got these on my 2wd F150

And these on the back of my F250, witch were hung like on big trucks, with an aluminum tubing.

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
I added some mild flares to my front end and then small mudflaps to those, its keeping the ***** off the truck nicely and we gots lots of ***** here with sand/snow/mud etc....

Just sayin...

They are pop riveted in place...

Hope this helps...

I think they are a bushwacker...no idea got em for like 10 bucks each...rofl

I don't see how those super short mudflaps are keeping anything off the rockers and cab corners? They probably keep the bottom bolt of the fender clean, that's about it.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Guess you stopped read my previous post at the first mention of running boards - I told you what happened to my low-hanging mudflaps, what makes you yours will suffer any different fate? Even assuming you never take the truck down a logging road or a farmer's fieldmy truck is not exposed to that stuff, you still have at the very least snow and ice banks to deal withI don't 4x4 in my 2wd - you will have to back up over something higher than a speed bump eventuallyi can honestly say i haven't in the 3 years i have had the truck, and when you do you can kiss your low-hanging mudflaps bye bye. Heck depending on how you hang them you may even find out that conveyor belt material is stronger than fender lip sheetmetal for example... lol

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see how those super short mudflaps are keeping anything off the rockers and cab corners? They probably keep the bottom bolt of the fender clean, that's about it.

Guess you gotta come have a look see and check them out, they are good enough for what I want. I'm not a show truck guy just a work truck. So far they keep what I have concerns about all nice and clean. I'll see about snapping some pics of it. That should validate what is going on!

The flares do most of the work actually.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online