Front Fuel tank Info needed

Reaction score
My front fuel tank leaks BADLY. I would like to replace it, and looking on rock auto, they list a 16 and a 19 gallon side mount tank. Of course I would love the larger tank, but i also want it to fit! How do I tell which tank I have? thanks!

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
to be sure, go under the truck and look, the 19 gal goes pretty much from the front of the bed to the axle. also, not sure how much salt ya get there but i always had to get new straps when i R/R a fuel tank cuz they would fall apart.

Reaction score
In that case, it looks like I do have the 19. And yeah, my truck is basically rusted to hell. The skidplate under the tank isnt coming off, so I will have to cut the bolts and go from there. Is there additional straps under the skidplate? I'll make sure to order some if so.

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
My front fuel tank leaks BADLY. I would like to replace it, and looking on rock auto, they list a 16 and a 19 gallon side mount tank. Of course I would love the larger tank, but i also want it to fit! How do I tell which tank I have? thanks!

My 93 F250 4X4 has a 23 gallon front tank. I just replaced it and had a hell of a time finding one as it was an factory upgrade option from Ford on that year truck. Funny thing is that most places... Napa, Autozone, Checker all only list a 16 and 19 gallon but Ford did show the 23 Gallon as an option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk