Front calipers

SkipBurney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have redone my rear brakes with new shoes and cylinders now I have a dragging front caliper. How do you remove it I cant find the usual 2 bolts holding it on but I do see what looks like 2 roll pins. Can anyone tell me how to remove the calipers on an 89 F-250 2 wheel drive

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Remove the pins you mentioned. I use a 3/8 extension and a rubber mallet. I usually put a touch of grease on them after i clean them a bit before I put them back.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over a long period of time, the rubber bonded to those caliper pins can lose it's "spring" and not provide as much interference as new ones. Don't worry: the inside of the wheel keeps the caliper from coming completely off the rotor, but it will make some noises that will frighten you and if you're really lucky a nice stripe on the inside of your aluminum wheel :eek:

If they felt really tight, put a dab of grease on them and press them back in, but if they look at all questionable buy new ones and replace them. It's an easier decision when you lose one because you can't reuse that one :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle