front bucket seats from 90s bronco

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i have a line to a 90s bronco with the front bucket seats;Sweet. about to go look at them in about 2 hours brin inging tools and all to bring these babys home.
will the buckets from thje bronco work in my f250?? how much work is involved in putting them in? the bronco was a rollover thats getting scrapped.
fast replys are MUCH apreciated;Sweet
been wanting buckets sense i got this truck:eek:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
The floors are different shapes between the bronco and your truck, You will have to modify the bronco bucket frames to work in your truck. Dont forget to support the floor for the inner bolt holes

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the quick response. anything else i should now? what exatly would i have to modify?
or am i just better holding off on this one and finding a truck like mine with buckets?

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wich im entirly not going to find around here..
sorry i meant to clarify. from an ex cab truck or possibly a crew. i know ive seen people take the buckets from an extened cab truck but dindt get a chance to see how they did it.
i dont mind the work my only dilema is no acsses to a welder to make anything.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
I ended up with Bronco buckets and console in mine.

Like Brad said they don't just bolt right in, but IIRC I was able to line up a couple of the stock holes on each side. Not too tough.

Having a passenger seat that will fold forward on a crew cab is kind of funny.:dunno

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up with Bronco buckets and console in mine.

Like Brad said they don't just bolt right in, but IIRC I was able to line up a couple of the stock holes on each side. Not too tough.

Having a passenger seat that will fold forward on a crew cab is kind of funny.:dunno

how hard was your conversion? if there cheap enough should i grab them. i can always turn around and sell them.

ahh i want buckets-Drool

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
how hard was your conversion? if there cheap enough should i grab them. i can always turn around and sell them.

ahh i want buckets-Drool

Very easy. I have really, really thick insulation under my carpet. I just put the seats where I wanted them, drilled the floor and put HUGE washers underneath. The drivers side was easy.

The passenger side is about the same, except the floor is shaped quite a bit different from the Bronco; so you have to bend the tabs on the front of the passenger seat to fit. The hard part is getting the rails perfectly parallel so the dang thing will slide right. Took me longer to get this right then any other part of the install.

If I ever pull the cab again I will weld the nuts and washers so that it will be easy to remove and replace the seats in the future. ( OR maybe some of that glue they use now for autobody work???)

I also used industrial velcro to hold down the center console; that way we can remove it and put a cooler there for long trips!;Really

Last edited:

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got off the phone with the guy. seems like there FREE. pulling them friday. even if i dont put them in i can make a profit of this.

back to the subject tho. oncorb was the install worth the time effort and money it took?? and the drivers side is a direct bolt in but passenger takes alil modifaction did i read that right?

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
oncorb was the install worth the time effort and money it took??

YES! I have had 3 sets of seats and these are teh first set that are "Momma approved". (If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!) She hated the '91 60/40 bench.

and the drivers side is a direct bolt in?

One bolt lines up- the other three need to be drilled, but it fits the floor pretty good. The bronco rear seat holes are 4-5 inches forward of the stock rear holes.

but passenger takes alil modifaction did i read that right?
Yep. But its not really too bad. Just have a helper handy when you are fiddling with the slides and stuff. The extra slide for the fold forward is waht got me.

FREE is my second favorite word!:D Can't hardly beat it.:rotflmao

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bronco buckets in a pickup:puke:. Not my thing, dont even like it in the supercabs that had them factory.. A good set of bronco buckets are'nt easy to find anymore thou. I need a set of 89-91 grey ones for my old mans bronco and cant find them anywhere, so good find on that;Sweet

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks oncorb that makes me feel better about this deal.
I'll be back with more questions once I get them home:D

Only thing is there blue:puke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online