Ford Shop manual number to real part numbers?

Joe Mc

Reaction score
In my 1986 ford shop manual the cargo light is shown with the number 15550, how can you convert that number to a real part number?

For some reason, the cargo light is grouped, as an interior light.

Diesel Fly

Body By Rustoleum
Reaction score
If my memory serves me right, it is a single light assembly that doubles as your dome interior light. If you are looking for a new one, there are places to find them (like LMC). If I remember correctly, they ain't cheap.

Joe Mc

Reaction score
The dome light and the cargo light are about 2 feet apart, for them to be a single unit would be a stretch. I know that LMC has them for $49.95.

What I was trying to find out, was how to convert the number in the Ford manual, to a Ford part number.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt there is a way to do that. The numbers in the service manual probably don't relate to part numbers. Your Ford dealer will use a microfisch, or computer image to identify the part and locate the part number. If you can't find a dealer near you that will help you out, call mine. 717-786-2100 Ask for Rick or Glenn. Tell him what you have, what you want, and if you buy the part from them, I'll ship it to you.

pafixitman

Reaction score
The 15500 (or whatever) number is most likely the base part number. What you are missing is the begining like the E3FZ- most numbers are in groups of 3 assigned based on mechanical / location / etc. That is how they get the groupings and what not. Sad to say but in the 6 months I have been away from a parts catalog I have forgotten a lot. That was the best part of my old job - access to the parts catalogs!

Like Mel said, call his guys or mine. Wayne @Gene Latta 717-633-1999

Joe Mc

Reaction score
Thank you, and Mel for the part offers.

When searching for parts on the internet, on many sites, if I do the drill down to my truck, they don't have any parts for the truck. If I search by the part number they can ship the part the same day.

All the Ford parts have numbers
All the parts in the Ford manual have numbers

Wouldn't it be great if they had some relation to each other?

Just asking...