Ford letter front end shake

Mont91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a letter today from Ford today. Says low tire pressure in the front tires will cause bad shimmy when hitting bumps. This is for newer super duties Anybody else get this letter?

Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one, too. I keep my tires at 50lbs PSI anyway. Have never had any trouble with tire shake.

jyoung

Reaction score
I got the same letter but I have always ran my pressures at 60 lb.s.

suprob

Reaction score
I got the letter and run my tires close. I have had the shake even with proper tire inflation. You didn't also state that you are supposed to slow down too. I hit this same bump crossing a bridge on the interstate. If I hit it just right it goes crazy. I slow down of course but... I think that there is something else that Ford is hiding. In oloder models we have had problems with the tie rod... Could be just coincidence?

Rob

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one too. I have noticed the shimmy but it is very minor. I am in the conspiracy theory camp and believe they are hiding a recall issue. It still drives beautifully 99.9% of the time however it could be dangerous under the right circumstances IMO.

pfarmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one too. Did you read the part where it says not to install a steering stabilizer bar to fix it? Well, I installed one when the pick up had 30K miles on it because of that shimmy. I thought it was because if the lift-kit, but the steering stabilizer bar (I put in a Skyjacker with 2 in-line shocks) solved the problem. I also remember hearing about a recall in 04 or 05 on SOME Super-Duty models for the problem and when I called the local Ford house, they said that my pick-up was not in the recall.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure about the stabilizer thing, my Ex has one factory. I have not had the shimmy, I need the rotate the tires and check the air. I am starting to feel a slight vibration, but I think it needs a balance......

Could you be more descriptive of what the shake feels like, maybe mine is doing it, but some of the stuff I feel I chalk up to is "driving like a truck" Most trucks I have driven react the same way to certain road conditions.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online