ford f150 has massive oil blow by

Ladman

Ladman
Reaction score
I have a 1993 f150 with a 5.0. I have a lot of oil blow by going on. I put in 20 50w oil holding it would stop but it did not. What could be causeing this? The oil is doing. Threw the vapor tube and into the air cleaner. I thought it might be the piston rings, but there is too much oil going by for it to be that I think.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how many miles are on the truck?
it's either rings being washed down from overfueling at idle or a hole in the piston. the second would be directly linked to a very rough idle that won't go away.

Last edited:

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the engine run smooth or rough? About the only thing that will cause a lot of blow by is bad rings, cracked piston, or hole in piston. I would start pulling spark plugs and see if any have a lot of oil deposit's on them. How much oil are you using?

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
The 302 has a tendancey to carbon up the PCV port if you where slightly less than vigilant about oil changes. Get to the PCV Valve and pull it out. Start the engine up and stick your finger on the bottom of the valve. It should suck like mad. If not, start looking for the clog.
Ken

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7