Ford Conversion

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
I got a "buddy" ;Really down at the plant that wants to convert "his" 460 Gas Guzzler F250(92-97 body style) to a Diesel and "he" wants a Cummins.Does anyone know what all "He" would need and where to get it from.Found Ferdcumapart....I mean Fordcummins.com but also saw some spotty complaints about them(Kinda like the Ken at DPS stuff over yonder!).Their basic Conversion kit looks pretty affordable....that is until you add the AC conversion crap,Tach,trans(I....ummm,He might have to stick the dodge 6 speed in there!).

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Anyone know how the fan mounts with a FC conversion kit?They use a V belt for the alternator that runs off the waterpump (atleast what it looks like in the picture I saw).Also,which tranny is stronger?The stock dodge manual(Hee hee,I know their Auto is worst than a E4OD with a $500 rebuild!) or a ZF5?Will the Dodge fit in a Ford?

rubberfish

Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
I mean Fordcummins.com but also saw some spotty complaints about them(Kinda like the Ken at DPS stuff over yonder!).
From what I've seen about those guys, You love 'em or hate 'em.
Their customers are either totally satisfied, or -cuss -cuss -cuss
Kind of like anything else I guess.

big jake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rubberfish said:
From what I've seen about those guys, You love 'em or hate 'em.
Their customers are either totally satisfied, or -cuss -cuss -cuss
Kind of like anything else I guess.

I have also heard the same about Fordcummins.com

I have heard nothing but good things from the folks at

AUTOWORLD

If I decide to repower

THE FIRE-BREATHING 6.9

I will be talking to them

big jake

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out my site: http://www.cummins-conversion.com to find out more info on this subject.

I've heard nothing but good about Auto World of MT. I've heard mixed stories from the other place in MT. I hope that particular shop will get its QC and workmanship up to *****, and warranty as well. They could play a much bigger part in Cummins conversions than they are right now, if what I've heard about them so far is true.

Mike

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Hee hee hee,The plot thickens.I found out that a Roadranger 610 will bolt directly up to a 5.9L 12 Valve with the bell housing,Clutch,flywheel,etc for 8.3L(I think thats the size) cummins.Hmmm,this could really make White Lightning fun.

Last edited: