Ford Broncos

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am going to start a small collection of pictures of Ford Broncos. Pictures and storys of my friends and my own off-roading adventures.

Max Power

Reaction score
Sounds cool. I am likely going to a add a forum for people to post pictures.

chrlsful

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F.Bronco

Hello,
I am going to start a small collection of pictures of Ford Broncos. Pictures and storys of my friends and my own off-roading adventures.

Pretty old post but I thought I'd try.
Got a 66-77 Bronco I wanna re-power w/a SMALL diesel. 80's MB or Izussu/Nissan, 04/5 Liberty. Not interested in 4BT (too big). The low rev tq is the idea, lack of carb for off rd seems good too (fuel starved on gradients). However, some lurkin around her has mentioned oiling prob on hills/grades. Any info on these would B helpful.
Nubie

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got my 79 and am arguing with myself over which to repower it with

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I considered a 6.2 as well, partially because I have an OD sitting with it as well waiting for a transplant into something.

And ANYTHING is better than the 351M in that Bronco

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I considered a 6.2 as well, partially because I have an OD sitting with it as well waiting for a transplant into something.

And ANYTHING is better than the 351M in that Bronco

I have always been a Ford guy and my 351M starts and runs great with 15K on the ticker but even a low mile original engine is a gutless wonder.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
As far as gassers go, CNG/LPG are good conversions for crawlers.
You don't have to worry about incline angles sloshing fuel away from the pickup.

A lot of people are putting 7.3 Powerstrokes in them.
Seen a few with dt's and Detroit's.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about a 351M that was as worn out as any under-maintained, over heated, and poorly lubricated that can still run well enough to push an extremely clean 30+ year old Bronco body with a modified snow plow around. Heck, even the NP205 required some MASH type surgery just to stay in gear for driving it home on the highway after buying it. I've been lucky to keep it running the two years since buying it. It's getting replaced, even if it means rebuilding the good 400 I have in my 77 F250 to drop in - but a healthy diesel is always my first choice in a vehicle I plan on putting plenty of miles on and that will probably spend a fair amount of time idling or even doing some towing

After dropping the plow the other day, the front end was light enough to carry some higher compression

idijack

Reaction score
I have a 94 bronco with a 351 w .Runs good has power but gets 13 mpg . I'm thinking a idi might be a good choice

chrlsful

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U probably know those 2 yrs. came w/a 400, no new info. Pretty good weight to power ratio. What diesels will fit (kinda low hood?).

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I know is my engine is chowed, between cracked components to thirst for oil, it needs works

idijack

Reaction score
more gutless than the scout I have a non turbo and it is slow but fun. Have you done anything to the scout motor ,like a better pipe or Mercedes exhaust housing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.