Ford 2000 Windstar stalling.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an up date as I see this on the Web when looking for trouble like I'm having.

I replaced the fuel pressure regulator as it would not hold pressure for 5 minutes after shut down. Easy to change, just remove the snap ring, pry up the old regulator, press in the new. I did find a lot of what looked like fine rust in the old one. Made it run a little better. Even tho the running pressure showed good.

I kept getting a DTC code P1121, which is TPS is not compatible with the MAF. Cleaned the MAF as it was a little dirty. Didn't help much.

Finely just replaced the MAF sensor, now it runs without stalling, at least for 30 minutes idling, speeding up, it will return to idle speed without stalling like it did before. Still have to make a run today. But I think I finely got all the bad things fixed.

The MAF sensor must have been defective, even tho the voltage output was correct, .90 VDC and run up to 3.40 VDC when speeding up.

If you have to replace the MAF, mine had the Torx screw with the *** in it, you have to get the Torx with the little hole in it.

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a MAF go out on a 2000 Chevy PU with less than 10k miles on it...got the run around from the dealership for several weeks before they figured it out.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I believe they call those a security bit.
If needed, you can punch out the *** and use a normal torx.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update. for some reason now I'm getting a CEL. (Code P112?) Checking the MAF voltage output I'm getting the correct output, .09 to 4.30, either I have a broken wire to the PCM or the PCM is bad. I have no idea how to get to the PCM in the cab, looks like the whole damn dash has to be removed, can't even see how the glove box is removed if I have to replace the PCM. Got a DVD coming, maybe that will show me how.
Gotta check continuity of the GY/R wire to it, I can get to the connector on the firewall.
The Van runs perfectly well, but it could be effecting the MPG, don't know yet, haven't put any miles on it to speak of.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPDATE
Was running just fine until the input shaft to the tranny SNAPPED, or the TC stripped out, NO Fwd, but got Reverse. Gonna take me a month to pull the tranny. Unbelievable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlRcskZVWHg
This guy is somewhat of a ............. but does show how almost. Keeps counting the tranny mounting bolts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online