For those of you with electric fuel pumps.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to see what kind of fuel pressure you guys with electric fuel pumps have.
Whatever pump you have facet,carrier Holley or something custom. I'm curious to see how my new pump fairs compared to other ones.
I'm looking for what kinda pressure you guys are seeing under light throttle and wot condiotns.

Mine seems to really drop pressure in 1st and 2nd gear.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I had 7.5 psi at idle with a dura-lift.... I can't tell you what it was while driving cause the gauge was under the hood...

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just trying to get an idea because mine doesn't seem to keep up under hard throttle gauge drops too zero.
Altho it's performing SO much beter than the stock mechanical pump did.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Current near dead Holley Red on my F250.........2.5 psi at idle (was 5-6 when new), and zero with even moderate acceleration (was 3-4 when the pump was new).

Facet Duralift (regulated to max of 7) on my F350..........5.5-6 at idle, and 3-4 psi at WFO!

Heath

mason44

Reaction score
I have a mallory 140gph gear pump mounted on frame, have it regulated to 7psi running wmo and holds pressure very well.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the mallory 4309 bypass set at 3psi, with the vac/boost port it will give me 1psi per pound of boost, A holley blue that had a rusted out bypass valve was used and still works, works great with WMO, plus my whole fuel system has been modified, the only oem items I use are the tanks themselves and the front fuel sending unit. Everything else like the shower curtain and fuel lines had to be removed.

Javier

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why I'm switching to a higher presure pump with an external regulator on the Moose Truck.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Pump: http://turbowerx.com/Scavenge_Pumps/Base-Model_Pump/Base-Model_Pump.html holds 7 psi under all conditions, including when the go pedal is mashed thru the firewall. :)

I had to run a 3/8" return line off the by pass regulator to keep my fuel pressure down. Without that larger line, and plumbed into the injector return line I couldn't keep it below 13 psi.
I really like that it won't drop below 7psi.
That's really what I was hoping for with these electric pump. But pressure still drops to nothing when I hammer it or even just heavy accelerating .
How is that pump for you? I rea it and it says it's decisigned to pull oil so how does it react with plain diesel?

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why I'm switching to a higher presure pump with an external regulator on the Moose Truck.

I was thinking the same thing. A pump rated for say 30 psi and good flow then regulate it down to 8 psi fuel pressure should never change.
I'd really like that...

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Some of these e pumps , by design , can fool you with just pressure readings. When you open up the throttle and they are at full demand the pressure may drop in the line, but the volume on the supply side is still WAY more than needed and the ip will still be kicking the excess into the bypass port back to the return line. If not experiencing a drop out , then there is nothing a to worry about Even with as heavy as I tow going over the rockeis, I never once experienced any fuel dropouts with a facet duralift

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online

No members online now.