For those of you that have built an injector tester...

discbrks

Reaction score
Trying to build an injector tester, here's what I have so far. I have a 10 ton porta-power pump, unscrewed the hose fitting and intalled a 1/4 pipe thread extension. On the end of that, I screwed a 1/4 female pipe tee, where I added a 3000 psi gauge. Now I want to find a fitting that will allow me to screw an old injector line onto the tee. My problem is finding that fitting. Any idea what to use? I've been to Lowe's, Home Depot, Advance Auto, CarQuest, NAPA, and The Parker Store (specializes in hoses & fittings) with no luck. Is an injector line some odd thread? I think it needs to be an inverted flare fitting.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Possibly take an extra old injector line, cut one end off and use a compression fitting to adapt it to a compression one side, pipe thread other side fitting?
Making sure to use all high pressure fittings from a hydraulic supply and not home center fittings. We don't want to see you on the evening news for trying out for the Darwin awards.

discbrks

Reaction score
I'd rather not use a compression fitting... too much pressure. But there has to be a fitting out there to do this. Does anyone have an old IP that they can unscrew the fitting from?

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
there is an ip in the local u pull it and I will try to get one of there for you. I want to do the same thing if I can get the set up.

let me know if you find one.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I'd rather not use a compression fitting... too much pressure. But there has to be a fitting out there to do this. Does anyone have an old IP that they can unscrew the fitting from?

Are the injector fittings the same as the feed line for the IP? If so, I have the one from mine that I changed to AN fittings.

rkpatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance