FLOWKOOLER WATER PUMP

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I had to commit to the purchase sooner than I thought.

After shipping and tax, the pump arrived safely for $160.00.

Now we shall see how long this one lasts v the Napa lifetime warranty pump.... which I will keep for exchange in the event this one is less than expected.

The bar is pretty low as to my happy days, the Napa pumps only last about 2 years before giving up the ghost via the weeper. Seems their spring is worst grade steel ever. Never had one give up on the bearing or other issues, always the weeper.

The Flowkooler purports to work more efficiently than the standard pump as well. If that's the case, I may get to remove my heavy duty fan(always on) and install a standard fan.

You can order it directly online, however I called with a few feeler questions. Turns out it's a radiator shop that got into pump casting. You might be able to find a good American made radiator as well! I didn't ask about them because I already bought some cheese **** radiator a year ago, and it seems to be working fine.

They can make any pump, even on some very out of production stuff. Cost will depend on if they've made them before. If you're an original or first one to order that particular pump, well, they have to research and CAD the pump so it'll be pricey, but they have most standard later model pumps.

Made in America baby!!!!

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one, sitting in its box, waiting on me to have time to install it, a new Champion radiator and a Motorcraft thermostat. The pump looks good and if it lasts the price isn't bad either.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a BRASS WORKS heater core in the 93, same company, they are top shelf .
Fingers crossed they win out over napa's china crap.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct, FLOWKOOLER is a BRASS WORKS product!

I'm going to call them back and see if they make the heater cores too. I've been through 5 of them in 8 years. Same problem every time.... solder on top gives out on those very thin cores.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I believe that Flowkooler is a fairly top end company. I've heard of them before for several years. I haven't tried them yet, but they seem to have good products.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brassworks makes a sweet core for our idi's, pricey but...
All brass made here.

I had a 20 yr old card and ph #...asked are you the same crew, YES was the answer!
Flowcooler is our new branch
When you call them the voice you get is not afraid to go out on the line and touch the product, knows the parts, and does in fact know the drill well.
I had to wait 6 weeks for them to build mine...
They were great to deal with.

Last edited:

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct, FLOWKOOLER is a BRASS WORKS product!

I'm going to call them back and see if they make the heater cores too. I've been through 5 of them in 8 years. Same problem every time.... solder on top gives out on those very thin cores.
What coolant are you running?

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Napa used to have very good parts. That's no longer the case. Their water pumps are the same junk any other parts house carries. Same casting numbers on the body,same gaskets in a zibloc bag taped to the lid etc. Their rebuilt starters and alternators are so bad now no shops will use them. Guaranteed comeback.

I have no idea where flowcooler gets their parts. But if they are the same imported garbage they won't last very long either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online