first off hi guys and i have a fuel prob i need help

jimmy421

Reaction score
ok i have a 94 12v turned up some ive had it for 3 years now with no issues about 2 weeks ago it was hard to start then it got harder now nothing i changed the lift pump and filter nothing but i put air to the tank and prime it i can get it to run then it dies (no fuel ) any ideas ?
thanks guys

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Check the basics first. Purge any air in the fuel system, check for leaks, make sure all fuel lines front to back are kink free. Make sure fuel is coming out the lift pump.

jimmy421

Reaction score
Check the basics first. Purge any air in the fuel system, check for leaks, make sure all fuel lines front to back are kink free. Make sure fuel is coming out the lift pump.
i cant get it to the pump with out sticking an air hose in the fuel tank and then it will get to the lift pump but it takes alot of air and the truck will run then dies i check the lift pump and its empty

jimmy421

Reaction score
is there a filter before the heater i dont know about? or screen or maybe the heater itself is messed up?

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Yea check the preheater, thats before the lift pump. Could be getting clogged. But I might be inclined to say the LP is bad.

Bleed the system, dont try n start the truck, crack open the bleeder on the fuel filter housing, and pump the LP and see if you got any fuel comming out of the bleeder.