Finally Got My Truck Home!!!!!

Lockedhearts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a truck seriously since July. I have posted on here a couple of times. I bought a brought home the F250 PS I wanted. It has been sitting for a couple of years. I had it towed home. I started last night charging the batteries. Had to work today, so this morning moved charger to second battery. Stopping after work to get Air Filter, AntiFreeze and oil to change that tomorrow. As I started charging the first battery, the key apparently was not in the off position and the glow plug relay was clicking, so at least I know there that part was working.

I plan on changing the CPS as well . I have not gotten a clear answer as to why the truck sat for a couple of years, so it may be nothing, it may be something. I do recall, when I looked at it back in April, we got enough out of the batteries then to see the front fuel tank registered almost full.

Since it has sat and we have had wetter and colder temps than usual, should I be concerned about the full in the tanks? I generally use Sea Foam as an additive, did that routinely with my 91 350 with the IDI. I will take Before and After pics and post , gonna take a good bit to clean it inside and out from sitting under trees... UGH!

Hubby commented it had the floor mats in the bed,well those are getting tossed and my good John Deere mats are going in it :D Tires are awful, if there is worse than a Maypop, this truck has them! BTW, I thought it was a 97, it is a 95, but that is fine too.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't change the CPS until you crank it over, if the tach registers RPM leave it in especially if it's the Black one, people are saying they get better milage with it as opposed to the Gray or Blue one's. You might want to get a spare, takes a 10mm 12 point wrench, it's located on pass side down close to the damper.
Either unhook the fuel bowl heater or replace it with the updated one from IH, about $26 US, dealer want's more, If the heater shorts out, it blows the 30 Amp fuse,which powers the PCM and won't start or kills the engine, I think fuse #22.
The fuel should be OK , even after setting that long, as long as algae hasn't started, you'll know because it will plug up the fuel filter in short order.
Change the O'rings on the fuel filter Yellow drain valve. Takes 2, use only Viton rings. Takes a Torx #20 for screws. IIRC
Check the EBPS "Exhaust Back Pressure Sensor" the tube from the Sensor to exhaust rots out or gets plugged with soot, Don't try and clean the sensor with anything but PB Blaster or like, there is a diaphram in it an can puncture it. If the tube is rotted/rusted out, Dieselorings.com has them, $36.IIRC.
If you replace the Diff fluid, use nothing but synthetic 80-90, don't use a gasket on the cover, clean off, really good the old RTV, then apply a thin coat of HI Temp RTV, Copper or Black.
I think the 95 does not have the electric fuel pump.
You don't say if it's a 4WD or a 2WD.
The pic below is not a 95, but will be close for the sensor layout.
If that's your Horse, really nice looking, gotta be a 5 gaited trotter.

Attachments

• 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Lockedhearts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got batteries charged, and have a couple issues, will not crank over. Get a thumping, from Starter Solenoid. Have a new one, so going to change that today. I hope that is the first issue and not the starter. Also, dash lights not working, and radio works, until i turn headlights on...... At least the batteries charged, will see if it held here in a bit.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would try and jack the engine over by hand at least one revolution. Takes a 15/16" socket and short extension on the damper pulley. Read my above post, we both posted at the same time.
What State or Province are you located in?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it should be almost be warm enough to work on the truck :D if all your snow has melted. :dunno

Lockedhearts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it washed and an initial cleaning done on the inside, changed starter solenoid, and NADA :( Trying to get several things done today with such a nice day going on. Good news is, batteries seem to be holding a charge :D I still think, from the way it is acting the starter is bad. Glow Plug regulator seems to be working . Brake light comes on, but my 350 did that sometimes. I did fill the radiator as it was close to empty. I am off work Tuesday so hope I have time to pull starter and check it, if not will have to wait for the weekend.