Finally fixed my truck, again.

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
Well folks I finally got my truck fixed again after she lost yet another freeze plug, I was going to buy the tool to install them but I didnt instead, I used a ballpeen hammer. I got the longer Fram oil filter on the engine and got a miner fuel leak fixed. What amazed me though after sitting for a few months while I procrastanted about fixing her I never charged the batteries, today I started her up with 2 cycles of the glow plugs and she lit off. Now I just need to get a precher to put some holy water her on and pray over her so she will stay running good for many years to come.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good stuff glad that you got it going and that it started right up so quick.

Lets hope that the core plug holds....keep us informed....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What freeze plugs are you installing. Only the factory stainless steel can bite into the block and stay in place. We have proven this many times. Using the proper tool and some sealant on the plugs wil not fail. So is this number three or four plugs that have blown out. I recall back about a year you lost one behind the flywheel. Easy to install those but tuff to get all the "stuff" out of the way... Glad your up and running once again. Last I recall you were installing psd injecters in the company truck...

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
Yes Gary I got the PSD injectors in the service truck awhile back and it is runnin great now, the freeze plugs that had fallen out were the 2 at the rear of the block behind the flywheel, one behind the oil cooler and another behind the right enine mount, I belive the freeze plug failure is due to the machine shop that installed the because I had found a brass plug on the front lower crossmember under the oil pan. So when I installed the replacements I used the aircraft sealer someone on the site recommended and I used steel freeze plugs and drove them in with a ballpeen hammer, I drive about 60 miles to and from work each and so far so good.