finally a road test..

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i finally got to the point where i could roadtest the f350 that ive been working on. i tried to a few weeks ago, but transmission was low in fluid so it wouldnt shift. turned around came home and truck starting running rough..was almost out of diesel..then the lower rad hose came off losing all the coolant (i guess it wasnt tight enough?)..so good thing we turned around, or woulda been stranded.

so today i got some diesel, and coolant. filled them up, started it up, let it idle to make sure the hose stayed on. got it up to temp (installed pyro, OP gauge, and water temp while it was sitting) went down the road, turned around, went a little further (didnt want to push luck this time) turned around again, came back and left a nice cloud of smoke behind.

one thing i cant seem to figure out is the water leak i have in the cab..its on the drivers side, and its a pretty bad one..getting my floorboard all wet. what is a common place to check? how can i see if its leaking without sitting in there while its raining or someone spraying it with water?

thanks guy for all the help.

also, next big addition im going to do is hydroboost conversion, i keep hunting on ebay for a decently priced one but nothing, would one from a f600 or f700 work?

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one thing i cant seem to figure out is the water leak i have in the cab..its on the drivers side, and its a pretty bad one..getting my floorboard all wet. what is a common place to check? how can i see if its leaking without sitting in there while its raining or someone spraying it with water?

thanks guy for all the help.

also, next big addition im going to do is hydroboost conversion, i keep hunting on ebay for a decently priced one but nothing, would one from a f600 or f700 work?
this water leak...does it happen when you wash the truck? if so, do a search on cowl drains and you'll find some pretty interesting reading.
as far as the f600 and 700 hydro, it's a good idea but noone has yet to figure out how to get the bolt pattern to line up and how to get a master cyl inexpensively(think $500 each):eek:

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive only washed it once..it sat for years under a tree before i got it so im sure something is plugged, im jus tnot sure where to start. i should go spray it and see if i can see where it comes in. i didnt see it come in on top last time it rained, so i was puzzled..

and as far as the f600-700 i found one for 150..would it be worth a shot or more headache than its worth?

childildersj76

Reaction score
Best thing you can do is unbolt the cowl(lot of work) clean it out the factory drain holes are probably cloged leaving water in their to rust a new escape route, i had the same problem on an '86 I once had.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online