few questions for yall

badasp118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got my new starter in and it fixed my problems! I got a diesel mechanic to take pity on me and he thinks my ip is going out! So my question is where do I get one of these moose pumps I'm hearing about? Should I replace my injectors at the same time? Also where's the best place to get a replacment Y pipe mines got burnout holes all over it and I've got to replace it! Any help is appreciate it! All the help you guys have given me has been very much appreciated! Its given me the confidence to work on my truck myself! Being a medically retired cop I can't afford mechanics so knowing this site is here is great!

fordpower21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the moose pump your gunna want to get ahold of Agnem i would say replace the injectors at the same time as far as the y pipe idk

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I got my new starter in and it fixed my problems! I got a diesel mechanic to take pity on me and he thinks my ip is going out! So my question is where do I get one of these moose pumps I'm hearing about? Should I replace my injectors at the same time? Also where's the best place to get a replacment Y pipe mines got burnout holes all over it and I've got to replace it! Any help is appreciate it! All the help you guys have given me has been very much appreciated! Its given me the confidence to work on my truck myself! Being a medically retired cop I can't afford mechanics so knowing this site is here is great!
Injectors should be done the same time you do a pump.
I have quite a few "Y" pipes hanging around here. pay the ship and it's yours. be forewarned though, I suspect it can't be cheap.

badasp118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Towcat if you have a good Y pipe ill pay the shipping if you'll ship it to me! I need one bad!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm open to suggestions from anybody on how to ship this *******......
I've fallen into the habit of using USPS due to the cost of their box deals, but got screwed ******* a oversize box recently. UPS flat out screws hard.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check with freight companies like yellow roadway and old dominion. They do a lot of our freight that falls into that larger part status. May even be able to wire a tag on it with shipping info and not need to box it up. Sometimes ups will allow this too.

sootman73

Reaction score
i would have one made at an exhuast shop. if you take yours there they should be able to match it and should be pretty easy for them....

just my $.02

badasp118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah no one in around here wants to mess with it and I havnt been able to find a used one locally. If its gonna be a huge hassel then don't worry about it, ill figure something out. I really think this forum is chucked full of really good guys!