Fan clutch removal help?

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was growing up this was referred to as an English thread, I guess because it goes the wrong way.:rolleyes:

Actually there is a whole fastener thread system called english or british thread, and it has nothing to do with being right or left handed thread. If you have ever worked on a vintage british car or motorcycle you would definately be familar with it. Completely different than SAE or metric thread.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Actually there is a whole fastener thread system called english or british thread, and it has nothing to do with being right or left handed thread. If you have ever worked on a vintage british car or motorcycle you would definately be familar with it. Completely different than SAE or metric thread.

Elglish threads have been called Wentworth for many years. Even the wrench size is just a little between sae and metric. Its a know ***** size for sure. I believe they quit using wentworth in the mid 60s.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
FoMoCo: FYI: If you check other threads about fan clutches, you'll find many on this board have unkind words about the Hayden products.

I was fortunate enough to read about it on OB before replacing mine. Chose the "Four Seasons" brand from RockAuto, and received a "Made in USA" unit which is serving me well. ;Sweet FWIW