Factory turbo rebuild price

IDIeselman

Reaction score
What is the going rate for a rebuild on the factory ATS turbo? I've been watching a ford reman and can't decide if I should grab it or have the one I bought on e-bay freshened up. The comp wheel looks like someone stuck a screwdriver in it while it was running to see if they could stop it.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Hey tractorboy,
I think Darrin said that Ken has a pretty decent cost on rebuilding them, Might give him a shout.

IDIeselman

Reaction score
Thanks Ron, I can buy a new ford reman for $550 I figured if a rebuild is anywhere near that I might just as well by the reman and save the trouble of getting one rebuilt.

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
<---- Tanya

There is a guy on ebay that someone from here recommended and of course I can't recall who he is or how to get ahold of him.... he quoted us 310 to rebuild ours with a 1 day turn around. Maybe whoever told us about him will refresh my memory, because I'd like to be back in touch with him myself.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
<---- Tanya

There is a guy on ebay that someone from here recommended and of course I can't recall who he is or how to get ahold of him.... he quoted us 310 to rebuild ours with a 1 day turn around. Maybe whoever told us about him will refresh my memory, because I'd like to be back in touch with him myself.

Talkin' about this guy mabey.....Ron's Turbo Service 1-801-842-9186

Got a rebuild Kit, banks wheel and my rotating assembly cleaned, polished & balanced for under $200 for the PSD....good stuff, helpfull and very, very fast shipping.;Sweet

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
<-- Tanya again

Yes thats the guy! THANKS! :D I'm saving that one to my faves this go round!

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Ken @ DPS rebuilt mine, new compressor wheel, turbo kit, little bit of labor, cost $458 plus shipping. He does good work..just hard to get ahold of...GL

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yer welcome Tanya. I'm really pleased with everything I got from him. Put about 2000 miles on the turbo since I rebuilt it and it's smoooooooooth.

5 days total from me sending him the turbine wheel and shaft to be balanced along with a money order to his place in Utah till I had everything on my doorstep in NC...Figure he jumped on it as soon as it arrived with no procrastination.;Sweet

IDIeselman

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. The turbo I'm watching is ending in 3 hours and the seller won't return my questions so he can eat autolite. It's a new in the box from ford reman with a min bid $450 and buy it now for $550 . so many times I was 1 second away from hitting that evil little button.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd just have a reputable builder rebuild it. I haven't put mine in yet so I don't know how happy I am with DPS in that regard yet.

IDIeselman

Reaction score
Well I took the bait and bought it for $500.00. Man it won't be long and I too will be turboing.

Attachments

• turbo.jpg
    turbo.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 27
  • turbo2.jpg
    turbo2.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 27
  • tr.jpg
    tr.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 8